Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
l Scholarship Coverage
-Exempt from tuition fee, on-campus accommodation
-Provide comprehensive medical insurance
– Monthly living allowance:
3,000 RMB/month for master’s degree students;
3,500 RMB/month for doctoral degree students.
1.Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good physical and mental health.
2.Educational background and age limit:
-Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic background and be under the age of 35.
-Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree in a relevant academic background and be under the age of 40.
3.Language proficiency requirement:
Applicants whose native language is not English need to provide score report of English language proficiency test (a score above IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL Internet – based 80 or equivalent), or a certificate from former university that the previous degree is taught in English, or a certificate indicating the applicants have studied in an English-speaking country for more than one year.
4.This program generally does not support registered students who are studying in China at the time of application. Applicants who have already completed degree study in China should graduate for more than one year.
Application Procedure and Documents
Step 1: CSC online application
Create an account and fill in the application form on the website of China Scholarship Council at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ , and have the application form submitted, downloaded, printed and signed.
Please choose program Type B. The agency number of Chongqing University is 10611.
Please make sure there is a serial number on the bottom of your application form.
Step 2: CQU online application
Create an account at the online application portal of Chongqing University athttps://cqu.17gz.org/member/login.do , choose “Chinese Government Scholarship’, fill in the application form, upload the following application documents(the file size of each document is no bigger than 1M) and submit your application.
List of application documents to be uploaded:
1.Signed and scanned CSC application form (from Step 1)
2.Personal information page of passport. The passport shall have a minimum validity of one year.
3.Degree diploma. Applicants for master’s degree shall provide bachelor’s degree diploma. Applicants for doctoral degree shall provide master’s degree diploma. Prospective diploma recipients must submit an official pre-graduation certificate issued by your current university stating your student status and expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4.Academic transcript. Applicants for master’s degree shall provide transcripts for bachelor’s degree. Applicants for doctoral degree shall provide transcripts for master’s degree. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5.A personal statement. Applicants shall submit a personal statement indicating your past academic background and a study plan or research proposal in Chongqing University, with no less than 800 words in English.
6.Two academic recommendation letters. The applicants shall provide two academic recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors in English, with an assessment of your academic or research performance, as well as the professor’s contact information including the position, email address, and telephone number.
7. Curriculum vitae. The applicants shall submit a curriculum vitae introducing your personal information, education background, work experience, research work, publications, honors, and other information which could facilitate your application.
8. English language proficiency certificate. Please see ‘Eligibility 3’ for detailed information.
9. Foreigner physical examination form. Please download the form via http://study.cqu.edu.cn/info/1062/1413.htm.The form shall be filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10. Proof of non-criminal record: a non-criminal record from the judicial department of your home country, or a certificate from your current university/employer indicating your performance. Languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
11.Chongqing University Provisional Acceptance for International Student (if available)
Please download the form via http://study.cqu.edu.cn/info/1494/1557.htm
12. Other supporting documents such as publications, awards, certificate of employment/internship, and etc (if available).
Step 3: Payment of application fee
Please click “pay application fee” and pay 400 RMB application fee at the online application portal of Chongqing University after you submit your application.
Application without payment will be regarded as uncompleted. The application fee is non-refundable.
1.The application documents uploaded should be complete, clear, true and correct. Incomplete documents or application without payment will not be processed. Neither modification nor supplementary document shall be made upon submission.
2. Applicants are not required to send us hard copies of application documents.
3. Please ensure that your personal information (including your full name, date of birth, place of birth）filled on both of your CSC and CQU application form are consistent with the information on your passport.
4. Please ensure that an accurate and reachable phone number, email address and mailing address (including postcode) are provided.
5. Please check your registered email regularly, as the admission officer will inform all updates, arrange interviews and notify application status and scholarship result to your email.
6. We would not be able to reply every single mail and phone about the progress of application. Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated.
l Admission and Notification
1. Chongqing University will review all the application documents. A further interview will be arranged with the applicants if necessary.
2. CSC will review eligibility and qualifications of candidates nominated by Chongqing University, and decide the final list of scholarship winners.
3. Chongqing University will inform and send the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to scholarship winners.
1. Scholarship winners shall not change their specialties, institutions, teaching language, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice unless they give up the scholarship.
2. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship winners cannot register before the registration deadline (The registration time will be notified on your admission notice).
3. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status. If students fail in Annual Review, their scholarship will be terminated.
l Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
l Contact Information
Fax: +86 -23-65111067
Address: Admission Office, School of International Education, Chongqing University,No.174 Shazheng Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing, 400044, China
Other Latest Jobs: